It’s hard to believe, but fall is right around the corner. It’s time to start pest-proofing your property to make sure critters aren’t able to get in when the temperature starts to drop. Many different pests, such as rodents and spiders look for shelter in warm places in order to survive the harsh Midwest winter. Use these tips to keep them out of your space.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and fix any damaged screens or gaps near entrances.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of your home and garage, including areas where utilities and pipes enter.
- Store all food in airtight containers.
- Keep garbage bins outside closed.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around basement foundation and windows.
- Store any firewood at least 20 feet away from homes or cabins.
- Eliminate excess moisture by fixing leaky pipes and clogged drains.
If you’re concerned about rodents, spiders, cockroaches or other fall pests on your property, contact a friendly pest expert from K&C Pest Control.