Tips To Protect Yourself From Mosquitoes And Ticks
Summer is the busiest season for pests, especially those that bite. They are more than just annoying, they can also be dangerous to your health, which is why we’ve put together a few tips for protecting yourself from bloodsuckers like mosquitoes and ticks.
- Use insect repellent containing DEET, picaridin, IR3535 or oil of lemon and eucalyptus when spending time outside, and don’t forget to reapply as needed.
- Wear long pants, long-sleeved shirts and closed-toe shoes when outdoors, especially if you will be walking through tall grass.
- Try not to spend time outside at dusk or dawn when select types of mosquitoes are most active.
- Keep grass cut low to keep ticks away. It’s also a good idea to remove weeds, woodpiles and debris.
- Eliminate areas of standing water around your yard such as flower pots, birdbaths, kiddie pools, grill covers and other places water can collect. Mosquitoes only need a half inch of water to breed.
- Check yourself, your family members and pets carefully for ticks after spending time outside.
If you’re concerned about ticks, mosquitoes or other pests on your property, contact a friendly pest expert from K&C Pest Control.